Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sloan texts

Usually I'm the type of person who would rather read a book than scroll through a computer screen. However, Sloan's text completely made me rethink my opinion on this subject. While both were essentially the same writings, the hypertext was more appealing to me. Maybe it had something to do with the white on black, rather than black on white writing. The obvious differences are the pictures and the sectioned approach of the hypertext as well. While those did have a factor in my decision, my real reason is based on the lack of personality from the book. The hypertext really made me feel for the writer and put me in her shoes.

I really had no issues with the links in the hypertext. To me they pointed out important aspects of the writing, almost like keywords in a textbook. If there was a distraction, it would only be that it would make me want to see where they took me. That really doesn't distract me because i wanna know more about what I am reading.

Now in regards to tonight's reading and whether it would be effective in hypertext form, I can say this. I don't think anything can help that writing because I couldn't understand a word of it. It made absolutely no sense to me and there really would be no point to add pictures. There are too many directions that this text goes and random descriptions, that it's ridiculous. If this text made absolutely no sense to me in a book, I highly doubt it would be any better online.

No comments:

Post a Comment